PAPERS AND PUBLICATIONS
- JOHN MOBEGI, PHD This research paper focuses on Kenyan immigrants who migrated to the United States to seek education and employment opportunities. Interviews were conducted with Kenyan immigrants in northern California in the United States. As immigrants arrive and settle in the United States, they are faced with complex challenges …Read More »
Maxims of Political Leadership: Thoughts and Reflections on Issues in Management and Contemporary Leadership.My latest book is ready for the prime-time This book unleashes thoughts and reflections on issues in management and contemporary leadership. But before you ask, please note that this book is not about metaphors neither is it a research study on maxims. Whereas phrases and paragraphs are riddled with tropes …Read More »
- By Catherine Gewertz Students at high schools with large low-income populations could be at a disadvantage when applying to college because of a little-known document that’s part of the process: each high school’s “school profile.” School profiles offer colleges a quick way to get a sense of the applicant’s school …Read More »
- Abstract | Full Text Purpose – The purpose of this paper is to examine an organization’s operational alignment in the process of alliance formation. Design/methodology/approach – A literature study was conducted on the strategic importance of assessingandaligningorganizations’ operationsforalliancing.Furthermore,aninstrumentalcasestudywas conducted to provide insight in the degree of operational alignment required for …Read More »
- Every few months the literature heralds the emergence of a “new best thing.” And often claims are heard that strategies used in the past are obsolete or out of date. The principles of sound workforce management have remained the same for a very long time. But the contexts within which …Read More »
- Abstract. This study examines the discursive construction of ideological change and identity within the practice of organisational control in organisational change management. The focus of the study was to examine how the organisation through its large-scale reengineering process to implement organisational change initiatives appropriated discourse of transformation to effect change …Read More »
TOP MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP BLOGGERS
Karin has built a very active blog over the last two and half years. Publishing several times of week, she has focused on offering very practical leadership advice about how to deal with everyday problems in the workplace. Karin actively engages with her readers and offers a response to almost every comment made. This site is rapidly becoming one of my personal favorites.
Maxwell has an enormous twitter following of almost 1.2m people. For those who are interested in something a bit more long-form than 144 characters, his blog is the next stop. John's Christian faith is a strong theme in many of his posts on the topic of leadership and although he rarely comments on posts there are a lot of great comments left by his readers.
Dan Rockwell is a prolific blogger, publishing a new 300 word post on a different leadership topic almost every day. An average post generates about 20 comments from readers, with some attractive hundreds. Perhaps most impressively, Dan responds to about a third of all comments and he is happy to engage in sometimes lengthy debate. A true leader in the field of leadership!
Lolly is a popular columnist, speaker, tweeter and blogger with a very large following on social media. She has an engaging writing style and she regularly engages with her readers by responding to comments and questions in the blog. Once you start to read her work you'll be hooked.